Pt. 2: Emotionally Stabilizing Yourself
After an exhausting and emotionally draining act such as murder, one of the key things to do is to calm yourself. Hiding a body requires a level of logic that is hard to come by after an emotionally charged adrenaline rush. There is no need to feel ashamed and distraught after killing someone, although it’s perfectly normal to have an emotional reaction. To calm yourself, simply follow these deep breathing techniques that are often used to calm an anxiety or panic attack.
- Place one hand just below your ribs, above your diaphragm. This allows you to feel your lungs filling and emptying.
- Exhale all breathe, as if sighing, allowing your shoulders, neck and back to relax.
- Slowly breathe in through the nose, filling the lungs.
- Hold the breath for 4-7 seconds.
- Slowly exhale, until the lungs are empty.
- Repeat as many times as necessary until a feeling of calm washes over you.